It may be a catastrophic collision with a car or gross negligence-caused injury, there are many unfortunate incidents that can be devastating both physically and emotionally, and cause a drastic change in your life. At needaninjuryattorneynebraska.com, our experienced attorneys are dedicated to protecting your rights and ensuring a secured future for you and your loved ones in case of such events.
You require not just a lawyer that helps you legally, but also a trusted companion that guides you through uncertainties, committed to your individual needs, and devoted to achieving the best outcomes for you. This kind of unparalleled superior service is how we have built a reputed practice in the state of Nebraska and maintain long lasting relationships with all our wonderful clients.
Our attorneys have a profound expertise and diverse experience dealing with personal injuries and treat every case with the utmost care and diligence. We understand the weight and impact of such traumatic incidents have in your life and hence go the extra mile to secure the most profitable results. Each claim is assessed with undivided attention, analyzed with deep focus and developed with strong logic and the right questions to form a powerful case for you. Our thinking and approach to problems are unique and efficient, our solutions are filtered, tested and proven to succeed, and our presentations of cases in court are impactful. The proof of this lies in our records of consistent results and the national recognition we have received for our advanced methods.
Unlike other firms that hold off from taking complicated cases and going to trial, we enthusiastically welcome it. We proactively approach your case, make your problems our own and strive to achieve the justice you deserve. We are the confidant you need, who’s on your side, with your best interests at heart and represent your case as if their own. You need a firm that understands the gravity of a terrible accident has on your life and does all that it takes to effectively succeed in court. And this is the kind of firm we strive to be and thrive on being because we walk the talk.
We provide a comprehensive set of services that deal with all types of personal injuries and provide well-developed expertise in each type of injury. Our cases include and not limited to –
- Automobile Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Traumatic Injuries
- Professional Negligence
- Workplace Injuries
- Occupational Diseases
- Construction Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Injuries Caused By Defective Products
- Injuries by Pharmaceuticals
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Housing Issues such as Foreclosures and Evictions
- Assisting in Social Security Disabilities Claims and Benefits
Why You May Need A Personal Injury Attorney
You are caught up in the everyday hustle-bustle of life to anticipate the need for help from a personal injury attorney as you start your day. But you will feel differently when you consider the myriad of potential dangers you confront on a daily basis, including unsafe drivers, faulty steps or walkway, aggressive pets and defective products. While not all injuries are caused by negligence or reckless behavior by another party, many wrongful actions of individuals, companies, or government entities result in serious injuries and in some unfortunate cases, death. Nebraska’s personal injury laws were formed to establish civil liability for such negligent actions and intentional hazardous acts of individuals or a body in charge. Some of the important laws governing the personal injury litigation process that proves the necessity of skilled attorneys –
- The statute of limitation on filing for compensation – there is a limit set by law on the period of time within which you must file your lawsuit in civil court. Depending on the type of case, the different deadline may apply to you, and Nebraska has set the statute of limitation at four years for personal injury cases. The court has the authority to refuse your case after this time has passed and this is why it is important to take immediate action and start your legal process.
- Sharing blame for the injury – In some cases, when you contest your case in court, the defending party may argue that part of the blame for the injury lies in your actions also. In these circumstances, where you share some of the blame for your injury, Nebraskan courts apply a “modified comparative fault” rule. This means that your financial compensation may be reduced or eliminated depending on how much is your fault. As long as your fault for the injury is under 50%, you are entitled to some compensation. It is important to get experienced and capable attorneys to ensure this stipulation is satisfied and you receive the best possible compensation in these circumstances.
- Damage caps for injury cases – in the state of Nebraska, financial compensations in medical malpractice cases are restricted to a certain maximum amount and you cannot be awarded more than that for damages. This amount includes economic expense claims such as medical bills and loss of pay, and noneconomic claims such as pain and suffering. But keep in mind that these caps do not apply to all personal injury cases, only those resulting from medical malpractice. If your case is not medical in nature, you need an attorney that pushes to get the maximum compensation possible.
- Injury claims filed against the city, county or state government – if your accident possibly implicates the Nebraska government and potentially holds them liable for your injuries, then you must file your claim within two years of the accident. The legal procedures involving these cases are relatively complicated and you’ll need expert advice from attorneys that have extensive knowledge and practice dealing with such cases.
If you or a loved one is involved in an accident and need a personal injury attorney we encourage you to get in touch with us to learn more about how we can help you. Our amazing staff is easily accessible to you at all times and provides excellent guidance from the get go on what your next steps should be to ultimately achieve a just and undisputable legal victory.