Every day plenty of Nebraskans rely on buses to get to their destination, be it work, school or to carry out their daily activities. And for many, buses are the sole mode of transportation they can afford. But unfortunately, we often witness bus accidents across Nebraska almost every day. If you or your family members depend on buses and travel on them often, it is prudent to know your rights and the legal procedures so that you can take swift action if you experience a bus accident.
Bus accident claims are complex and can painfully confusing as public entities own and operate many buses and they often have constant and strong legal coverage. You can depend on our skilled injury attorneys specialized in bus accidents to fight for rightful compensations and defend your rights against large bus companies and their insurance representatives. We will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the suitable financial settlements to help you recover from this tragic accident.
How Bus Accidents Occur
From our extensive experience handling bus accident cases, we have determined the following reasons that most commonly cause them in Nebraska –
- The bus driver driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Although the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has strict rules against this, some drivers have been known to operate buses with impaired senses due to intoxication.
- Bus driver driving while distracted from using phones, eating, drinking beverages or interacting with passengers
- Not following the speed limits and speeding. Buses have a restricted, safe speed they must adhere to at all times. Speed limits may vary in different locations and are posted along the road.
- Breaking traffic laws and not adhering to stop signals or traffic lights
- Defective bus parts causing the accidents
What Damages Can You Claim?
Trust our attorneys to build a strong case on your behalf that ensures maximum financial settlements. Although this may not heal the injuries you suffered, it will be a source of security for you and your family. You can claim damages for –
- Medical expenses incurred
- Loss of pay
- Loss of earning capacity
- Rehabilitation treatment
- Emotional trauma and therapy
- Home renovations and modifications to fulfill any disability needs (like ramps for wheelchair).
In the painful event of a fatal accident of a loved one, you can sue for wrongful death and seek compensation for the following –
- Medical expenses
- Emotional distress and depression from the loss of the loved one
- Pain and suffering experienced by the deceased before death
- Loss of future wages and benefits
Bus accidents can have tragic consequences and the responsible parties must be held accountable for their actions. You will need professional guidance to help you navigate the labyrinth of legal procedures and requirements to get rightful compensations. You will find not only premium service at needaninjuryattorneynebraska.com but compassionate support to help you overcome these overwhelming times and successfully receive the justice you deserve. Contact us now for immediate consultation.