Bicycles are one of the most efficient modes of transportation and are increasing in popularity among environment-conscious demographic. They are a quick, smart and cost-effective way to commute and not only are they environmental-friendly but also act as a healthy exercise for the rider. But unfortunately, motor vehicle drivers are still not adapted to share the roads safely with bicyclists, due to which roads remain largely dangerous and unsafe for cyclists.
Nebraskans are becoming more aware of bicyclists and their rights and this has led to a decrease in bicycle injuries reported. Raising awareness and the development of dedicated bike lanes have improved safety a little but we still witnessed around 818 fatal accidents across the country in 2015 (source: NHTSA Traffic Safety Facts). This proves the severity of the situation and the importance of being aware of your rights and actions you can take if you experience a bicycle accident.
Passenger vehicle driver negligence including skipping stop signs, driving under influence and failures to yield to bicyclists as required by law, must be countered with actionable consequences. As, passengers in cars are protected within the enclosed safety of the car, in an event of collision, it is more likely for bicyclists to get gravely injured. Hence if you travel frequently by bicycling you must arm yourself by knowing your legal rights, and support from accomplished and specialized bicycle accident attorneys. needaninjuryattorneynebraska.com is a powerhouse of qualified and fastidious lawyers and staff that provide you with superior legal advice and service that are customized to suit your individual needs.
Based on the circumstances related to the accident, in a bicycle accident, you can claim settlement from the following parties –
- Motor vehicle drivers for driving negligently and endangering your safety, if it caused the accident.
- The bicycle manufacturer if the accident was caused by faulty bike parts or defective product.
- The city or state authorities for the poor state of roads or sidewalk
- Parties responsible for maintaining public property or offices if they made the surrounding environment dangerous for bicyclists
If you have been injured due to a bicycle accident you are entitled to financial compensations –
- Medical expenses – even if you feel your injuries are not life-threatening you should get professional medical treatment as some injuries may be internal and not manifest outside. A definitive medical report also adds legitimacy to your legal case.
- Loss of pay – you can claim compensation for wages lost due to injury
- For the pain and suffering caused by the accident
- For the emotional trauma and distress experience from the accident
If you or your loved ones have been injured due a bicycle accident, take action immediately and contact us for further guidance. Our experienced attorneys will handle all the burdensome legal obligations, giving you the time to focus on healing physically and emotionally, and the opportunity to spend time with your family and recover from this tragic incident together. We are available anytime at your convenience and devoted to delivering the rightful compensation you deserve.